Located in Boulder, Colorado, Tech-X Corporation specializes in computational science using new software development paradigms. Our work is aimed at understanding physics via modern modeling techniques, advanced visualization, collaboration tools, and distributed computing technologies.
Tech-X Corporation offers opportunities for scientific and technical professionals with advanced degrees and computational skills to work in an environment where each individual has a stake in the company's development and direction.
The environment at Tech-X Corporation encourages our employees to meet the highest standards of quality and ethical conduct and to grow professionally. Tech-X Corporation is an employee-owned company.
Applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, or status with regard to public assistance.
Compensation & Benefits
Tech-X Corporation offers competitive compensation and a dynamic company environment. Benefits include comprehensive coverage for medical, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, 401K savings plan with company match, vacations and holidays, and a flexible work schedule.
Customer Service, Consulting, Engineering
Tech-X Corporation has an immediate opening for a physical scientist or engineer for physics/engineering simulation software customer support and applications engineering. This position involves solving customer problems using Tech-X’s VSim and USim simulation software products. It requires the ability to work within a team and the ability to apply creativity and scientific/engineering knowledge to real-world problems.
- Provide timely, valuable technical support to existing and potential Tech-X customers by email, telephone, and web conference call presentations.
- Answer technical questions and develop detailed simulation solutions to customer needs.
- Create, test, and document simulation examples, illustrating product usage.
- Write or collaborate on writing white papers, applications notes, and technical articles, and present at user meetings.
- Occasional travel for presenting at conferences through technical papers, exhibitions, and workshops.
- Master’s degree in physics or engineering with emphasis in computational electromagnetics, microwave electronics, photonics, or plasmas.
- Experience with Python and basic understanding of computational plasma physics algorithms.
- Excellent English language communication skills, including the ability to communicate science and engineering concepts to knowledgeable colleagues.
- Professional behavior and demeanor appropriate to representing Tech-X to prospects and customers.
- Ability to multitask and work within a small company and directly across functions within the company.
Applicants should follow the submission instructions accompanying the online form. Please indicate the position "Application Engineer" and provide resume or CV information.
Tech-X accepts applications only from individuals. No recruiters, agencies, or third parties, please.