Located in Boulder, Colorado, Tech-X Corporation specializes in computational science using new software development paradigms. Our work is aimed at understanding physics via modern modeling techniques, advanced visualization, collaboration tools, and distributed computing technologies.
Tech-X Corporation offers opportunities for scientific and technical professionals with advanced degrees and computational skills to work in an environment where each individual has a stake in the company's development and direction.
The environment at Tech-X Corporation encourages our employees to meet the highest standards of quality and ethical conduct and to grow professionally. Tech-X Corporation is an employee-owned company.
Applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, or status with regard to public assistance.
Compensation & Benefits
Tech-X Corporation offers competitive compensation and a dynamic company environment. Benefits include comprehensive coverage for medical, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, 401K savings plan with company match, vacations and holidays, and a flexible work schedule.
Tech-X Corporation is seeking computational scientists with a background in plasma and/or beam physics and/or fluid dynamics. Tech-X has stable funding for both basic research and the development of computational products. We are interested in candidates at all levels, from new Ph.D. graduates to more senior candidates capable of defining and leading a research program. The selected candidate(s) will be instrumental to Tech-X’s path forward.
- Develop algorithms and methodologies applicable to high-performance computation for electromagnetics and plasmas, particle-in-cell, collisional processes, and/or fluid dynamics methods;
- Work with a team to implement new capabilities within the Tech-X software;
- Define and develop research programs.
- One or more numerical methods for physics simulations. These can include, but are not limited to FDTD, particle-in-cell methods, Monte Carlo methods, and embedded boundary methods;
- Object-oriented programming, preferably in C++
- One or more of the following research areas: Plasma Physics, Electromagnetics of Structures, Lasers, Photonics, Semiconductor Devices, or Particle Accelerators;
- Ability to communicate science and engineering concepts to knowledgeable colleagues;
- Ability to work within a small company and directly across functions within the company.
- Cross-platform software development with a build system such as CMake
- Parallel programming with one or more of the following methods: Distributed memory (MPI), multithreading, vector instructions, or GPU computing
- Collaborative software development and/or source-code control systems
Ph.D. in Physics, Applied Mathematics, Computational science, or Engineering.
Applicants should follow the submission instructions accompanying the online form. Please indicate the position "Computational Scientist" and provide resume or CV information.
Tech-X accepts applications only from individuals. No recruiters, agencies, or third parties, please.